Sunday 5 October 2014

week 4

This week we learned about bi-implication, transivity, mixed quantifiers, and a bit about proofs. I found that bi-implication better helped me understand the use of the laws  (especially de-morgans ...) and efficient methods to re-organize the mathematical symbols and/or statements.  I found the tutorial this week really helpful and made me engage in the material which also helped with my understanding of the laws and how they were used. I found transivity interesting because it was like a chain that could be shortened easily. The picture with the 3 circles inside one another also helped with showing me in transivity, what element belongs to what. I learned that proofs involve a very logical way of thinking and it can be helpful to start a proof backwards. I also learned that there will be several structures to writing proofs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment